Since it is pretty obvious that none of us has time to read during the summer, we have come up with an AMAZING and UNUSUAL plan for the month of August! Are you sitting down????
(I give all credit for this idea to Stacy Crumpton, who was the first to notify all of us that our favorite book, The Help, was coming to the big screen!!!)
For the month of August, we will forego our regularly scheduled meeting (Sorry MOM Liz!) and meet for dinner and the movie THE HELP instead! Woohoooooo! How does Five Guys followed by Skeeter, Hilly, Abileen and Minny sound?
So, let's take a vote on the poll to the right. The movie comes out August 10, so I was thinking some weeknight that next week would be perfect- let me know if you have other ideas!!!
I can't wait to see The Help with all you wonderful women!!!!
(I give all credit for this idea to Stacy Crumpton, who was the first to notify all of us that our favorite book, The Help, was coming to the big screen!!!)
For the month of August, we will forego our regularly scheduled meeting (Sorry MOM Liz!) and meet for dinner and the movie THE HELP instead! Woohoooooo! How does Five Guys followed by Skeeter, Hilly, Abileen and Minny sound?
So, let's take a vote on the poll to the right. The movie comes out August 10, so I was thinking some weeknight that next week would be perfect- let me know if you have other ideas!!!
I can't wait to see The Help with all you wonderful women!!!!

9 comments:
I've been wanting to read this book. Who's got it and could let me borrow it?
Sarah, Melanie Ashcraft is about to read it. I don't know if she is a fast reader, but if she is, you could borrow hers.
PS - I love the post label, Jenae!
Sarah, I've got it. I'll bring it on Sunday. :)
I voted for Thurs, cuz the 16th is Aaron's birthday, but I may be able to work out still going to just the movie portion. I'm thinking we will more than likely be taking Aaron out for dinner. I think it's a great idea :)
oh shel...that sucks...well...it doesnt..i mean..its good its aaron's bday...you know what i mean! i cannot WAIT for this!!! the book is soooo good and a dinner and the movie with my most favorite ladies...well, what could be better?
Well Thursday is MY birthday! I don't think I have anything planned but I still voted for Tues :-) can't wait!!!!!
I originally voted for Tuesday but I'll be out of town so I'm changing my vote to Thursday. But whatever works for the most people is fine.
What tha? I'm glad I checked back b/c that last comment was from me.
Post a Comment